Rabu, 09 November 2011

Kenia's Practice Journal

Kenia's Testimony in Playing Piano Ensemble 
RIDING ROLLER COASTER 

by Kenia Waty
edited by Jelia Megawati Heru




"Playing ensemble music is like riding on a roller coaster with our friends"

Playing ensemble music is like riding on a roller coaster with our friends.We experience the moments of excitement and fun together. That's what I discover when I perform "Jamaican Rumba" for two pianos by A. Benjamin with Miss Jelia.
Playing this fast piece is not only the matter of correct notes, rhythm, dynamics, etc. It needs a valuable 'spice' called EXCITEMENT to make the music sound much more interesting, more alive...

"There is no theory. You only have to listen. Pleasure is the law..."
 - Claude Debussy -



BEING EXCITED & RELAX AT THE SAME TIME

Here I also learn how to being excited and relaxed at the same time. The restless notes and rhythm tend to make me panic in times. By relaxing we can balance the tension of the excitement and this help us to achieve a better technical control. Nevertheless, listening and blending are one of the crucial points in playing ensemble. We correspond and complement each other, harmonizing the music together, like a team work.

Through these practicing days, I also realize how music has been affecting and coloring my life. Many thanks to Miss Jelia for sharing her musical ideas with us.

Thank you for guiding us. Let's make this concert happen! Make sure you fasten your seat belt 'coz we are ready to roller-coast now! :)

Arthur Benjamin - "Jamaican Rumba" 


1 komentar:

  1. wow...I hope I can SCREAM with you all in the concert..and may my adrenalin pump pump and pump....YES !!

    BalasHapus